Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It Wasn't Really So, But it Seemed to Be...

I was walking along the river bank yesterday afternoon. The composition of the bank has totally changed; this spring brought so much flooding and such high water levels that there is now a 4 foot bank of sand along the edge. It's lovely with the birds chirping, breeze blowing, sound of the water rushing by...for a moment I felt transported back to the beaches of Massachusetts. Until the breeze brought me a lovely and strong scent of cow manure, courtesy of the dairy farm on the hill directly across the river. I had to laugh! This, I thought, is the Vermont beach! It's close to the real thing, but there's no escaping that eau de Vermont!

1 comments:

Cassie said...

Woah, woah, wait a minute!!! I've been checking your blog almost every day for months and no new posts. I skip a few days a BAM you get two posts up!!! VT sounds lovely. We miss you guys!