Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I Would Be A Dragon...

This is just one of those silly little games you play in the car while driving (which we do here A LOT). But it made me laugh really hard so I thought I'd post it as a memory for later.

Mom (trying to get kids to stop screaming at and kicking each other from across the van): Kids! KIDS! If you could be any kind of animal, what kind would you be?

W: A bird. So I could fly around and be cute and eat bugs. Actually, I'd be a hummingbird who sips nectar and I'd be really fast.

A: I'd be a baby bunny, so cute and soft and fuzzy and cozy.

W: Yeah, but then you'd get eaten by a fox.

A: No I wouldn't! Foxes don't eat bunnies, do they mommy?

Mom: Sorry, honey, actually foxes do eat bunnies. (A starts to get tears in his eyes) But, but! Wait! Baby bunnies are also really fast and good at hiding. Okay?

W: Yeah, and rabbits have sharp teeth so you could chew the fox's leg off.

Mom: Ooookay, what about M? What kind of animal would she be?

M (looking at W for approval): I'd be a bird, too.

W: Yeah, we could be birds together. M, would you be a pink bird?

M: Yes. A pink bird with sparkly feathers. (of course)

W: Actually, I'd be an Ever Bird, half woodpecker and half hummingbird and all the colors of the rainbow.

A: What about you, Mommy? What kind of animal would you be?

Mom (having never actually thought of this before): Hmm, that's a good question, A. I'm not really sure. Maybe a bird? Something that could fly...

W: You could be a cicada, they fly. Or a grasshopper.

Mom: No, no bugs. But I'd want to live somewhere warm, like Hawaii....

A: Mommy, you need to be a mommy fox so you could protect all the little baby bunnies and birdies.

Mom: That's true, I would need to protect you. I know! I'd be a dragon. That way I could fly, I could sleep all I want, I could protect you with my claws and fire breathing and I'd be warm all the time.

W: Yeah, and you'd have lots of treasure so you can buy us anything we want.

Mom: Um, hmm. Wait, we're forgetting Daddy. What kind of animal would he be?

W: A bear.

A: Yeah, a big fat bear with a big belly!

W: Who toots all the time!

All: Hysterical giggling

3 comments:

Jill P. said...

Deanna,
I read this a few days ago, but keep thinking about it and laughing. So I figured I'd better let you know how hilarious I think it is. Out of the mouths of babes and all that!

Theresa said...

I could hear the kids saying those things

St. J Family said...

Dads put up with a lot abuse! But it sure is funny!