Monday, March 15, 2010

AMEN!


I recently read these words from the blog of Shannon Hale, author and BYU alumna. http://www.squeetus.com/stage/main.html


I'll just quote her feelings about housework because I Totally Agree:

"OK, really I should say, I plan on accepting that fact any day now. I wish my carpets were vacuumed weekly, that I had a meal plan and didn’t panic when 6 pm rolls around and the kitchen is stone cold. Our backyard is literally a back yard, and I still can’t manage to keep it weed free and full of happy plants. Really, you’d be shocked. And don’t look under my bed. But my priorities are: Max’s needs, husband time, writing, feeding self, sleep, bathing self, church volunteer responsibilities, paying bills…housework comes somewhere down here, maybe after Essential Grooming."

Thank you, Shannon.

1 comments:

Jennifer Creighton said...

That's totally how I feel, except I don't know that I can accept that fact yet...