Monday, December 8, 2008

Holiday Cookies



Well, the reason I haven't done much posting to the blog lately is pure busyness. When I have the time to sit down at the computer it means I'm leaving the laundry/dishes/children undone and neglected. But I have only myself to blame as I hear the words, "Why don't you come over for dinner tomorrow" coming out of my mouth at church or, "Sure, we can deliver cookies to so and so" or, "Yes, I'd love to go Christmas caroling" or, "Yes, we'll be at the school dinner on Thursday to hear the kids sing holiday songs," or....you get the idea. The truth is, I really do love doing all these things and although it's kind of stressful (and disgusting) to leave the laundry, both clean and dirty, in large piles throughout the house and the toilets unscrubbed and the beds unmade, I'm telling myself that this time of year only lasts a short while, yet housecleaning is forever. Let's have fun today and make cookies and decorate the Christmas tree and bake a yummy meal for guests to enjoy since it's the Season to Give and that's what we're all about here, right? So, for the record, here's the official

Complete List of Cookies from the Cooks
  • Classic Shortbread Petticoat Tails
  • Lime Meltaways
  • Dried-Cranberry Shortbread Hearts
  • Gingersnap Raspberry Sandwiches
  • Dark Chocolate Cookies with Sour Cherries
  • Cashew Caramel Cookies
  • Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread
It took two days, pounds of butter, lots of chocolate and other ingredients but now we're done and ready to share. Merry Christmas!

P.S. Thanks to Martha Stewart for all the recipes. We love this cookbook








2 comments:

St. J Family said...

MMMMM! I remember the liime melt-aways---Delicious!

Theresa said...

sounds like fun and remember to save some of those lime melt-aways for us. Best policy ever play now and enjoy. Still my policy hmmmm maybe you inherited it. Definately not from Gramma the clean freak.