Friday, December 19, 2008

Teddy Bear Picnic


I don't remember how or when I listened to it, but somehow I know all the lyrics to the entire Anne Murray album, "There's a Hippo in my Bathtub" originally released in 1977. I love that album! Thanks to the magic of iTunes my kids now love it, too. A's most favorite song is "Teddy Bear Picnic" for two reasons: 1. He thinks the line "See them, catch them unawares" is actually saying something about underwear which is hilarious to a five year old and makes him laugh every time he hears it and 2. He loves, loves, loves teddy bears. So yesterday he wanted to host his own teddy bear picnic. He set up the entire thing, complete with healthy snacks for the bears such as apples and celery sticks. And his little sister M very helpfully took one bite out of each apple and celery stick to make it look like the bears were eating. Then they came to find me, warning me to be really quiet so I don't scare the bears away from their picnic. It was just too cute. Here are the names of bear attendees (from left to right): Dobby (actually a pony and not a bear), Chuck L. Beary, Bleuberry, Flappy (the penguin), Marshmallow, Barney, Lovey Bear and Little E. And if you're looking for a great kids' album, look no further than Anne Murray and the Hippo in the Bathtub. Seriously, every song is awesome.

0 comments: