Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Sweetest Rose

My husband brought me some "Thank You for your hard work and patience this week because I know I've only seen you for twenty minutes" roses. They are multicolored and just beautiful. One of the roses had broken off from its long stem and was just a short stemmed pink rose. M immediately declared it the "Belle-the-Beast" rose since she's obsessed with all things princess. She convinced her big brother to play the beast, slipped on her yellow Belle gown and they ran around the yard playing with the rose for an hour or so. Of course roses aren't really meant to be playthings so the petals all came off. Without me knowing, they snuck up to my room and helped themselves to three more roses, breaking them off to be just like the short pink one. They left the long stems on my bedroom floor. I was not very happy when I came across the evidence! Dismayed, I explained to M that those were "Mommy's special roses" and that they can't just help themselves to my things without permission. She felt bad and went into her room, crying. A just can't stand to see anyone upset so he thoughtfully headed downstairs while I was vacuuming up the mess. A little while later this is what he brought up:
He explained excitedly: "Don't worry, Mommy. M won't have to wreck any more of your roses because I made this one for her and she can keep it forever."

I think it's the sweetest rose I've ever seen.

1 comments:

Theresa said...

That is too sweet. He just be a prophet after all.